05 November 2023 Cartagena
In search of a Lazy Sunday
The Top Five Regrets of the Dying
(1) I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
(2) I wish I didn’t work so hard.
(3) I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
(4) I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
(5) I wish that I had let myself be happier.
Lazy Sunday morning. After breakfast lying in dark cool hotel bedroom This is no different from sitting under a tree… the end result can be the same.
I logged into an online ‘Sit-and-Share’ meeting which was nice to connect with everyone.
I took a short walk to Crespo (airport neighborhood) looking to go to Cartagena old town . The problem was that you can’t pay on the bus, you need a transport card topped up with enough money for your journey. Despite asking, I couldn’t find where to buy a ticket. Some things are not meant to be.
I had a early dinner of steak and fries + soda. Very casual and laid back.
Back at the hotel I sat on the terrace watching planes take off.
My day ended with the ordinary and the mundane, doing laundry and packing for the onward journey tomorrow.
When I drop my wants and don’t-wants, my likes and dislikes, and my preferences and aversions… there’s a contentedness. I might not be happy but I am not unhappy.
- Steak and fries, soda + tip € 6
- Soda and chocolate € 2.50
- Hotel Cartagena Airport booked through Booking.com € 15 per night with breakfast